AJ Pritchard’s girlfriend Abbie Quinnen ‘suffers third degree burns after video goes horribly wrong’
Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!
AJ Pritchard’s girlfriend Abbie Quinnen has reportedly suffered third degree burns after a social media video went horribly wrong.
The former Strictly Come Dancing star’s girlfriend, 23, is said to fear for her career after the terrifying accident.
AJ, 26, and Abbie were understood to be filming a hack for a social media on how to cut a glass bottle in half to be used as a vase.
The trick involves dipping a rope in a flammable chemical and wrapping it around the bottle before lighting the rope on fire.
AJ Pritchard is 'definitely not proposing to girlfriend soon' as Abbie reveals she wants two kids – EXCLUSIVE
AJ Pritchard reveals girlfriend Abbie 'lost more weight from stress' than he did on I'm A Celeb
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
But, the “hack” is said to have gone wrong when the wine bottle exploded in dancer Abbie’s face and set her hair and clothing alight, which caused third degree burns.
I’m A Celebrity star AJ is said to have doused the flames before sailing 999. But, when told how long the ambulance would take to arrive, AJ and his brother Curtis Pritchard are said to have driven Abbie to the hospital themselves.
A source has told The Sun on Sunday: “AJ and Abbie were stuck at home during lockdown and, like many people, started making social media videos to pass the time.
“But this tutorial went horribly wrong. Abbie’s whole upper body went up in flames.
“It all happened very quickly. It was like something from a horror film.”
It’s understood Abbie was driven to Ealing Hospital by Curtis and was admitted to intensive care before being transferred to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital’s specialist burns unit the next day.
Abbie is said to have suffered third degree burns and has undergone three skin grafts and had 20 hospital visits since the accident.
Meanwhile AJ is said to be devastated and has become her full time nurse. The insider added: “Abbie was shocked and in a great deal of pain but AJ sprang into action to put out the fire with a wet tea towel.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
“He was terrified himself but he did all he could to stop her from burning.”
Abbie is said to have worries over her future as a dancer during her recovery.
They added: “It’s been an extremely difficult and testing time for them but she’s on the road to recovery.”
The dancer hasn’t shared new videos or photos of herself since the accident and it’s understood her social media absence has left fan questioning if she and AJ have split. But, the source explained: “She has been suffering in secret and been completely traumatised by this awful accident. She kept off social media as she didn’t want people to know of her injuries.
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone
Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
“She is struggling to come to terms with it all but is grateful for AJ’s support.
“He has been her rock throughout this ordeal and has been giving her a positive outlook.
“Both AJ and Curtis have been helping Abbie get to hospital appointments and assisting with day-to-day care.”
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the couple told the publication: “Abbie has undergone surgery on her upper body and will continue to receive treatment.
“Abbie and AJ cannot thank all the nurses and doctors enough for their incredible care, support and expertise whilst being at Chelsea and Westminster Burns Unit and at Ealing Hospital.”
Source: Read Full Article