Bruno Tonioli has will 'TRIPLE his Strictly salary by joining BGT'

Bruno Tonioli has will ‘TRIPLE his Strictly salary by joining the Britain’s Got Talent judging panel as he receives a £850,000 payday’

Bruno Tonioli will reportedly triple the salary he received on Strictly Come Dancing by joining the Britain’s Got Talent judging panel.

The Italian pro dancer, 67, is said to have received a £850,000 payday since joining the show, after beating out stiff competition including comedian Alan Carr.

The former Strictly judge Bruno replace David Walliams who left the show last year after ITV bosses who wanted Alan were overruled by boss Simon Cowell.

Wow! Bruno Tonioli will reportedly triple the salary he received on Strictly Come Dancing by joining the Britain’s Got Talent judging panel

Bruno, who is said to be ‘delighted’ to return to Saturday night prime time TV in the UK, will now overshadow his former Strictly co-stars wage by three times.

Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel-Horwood, Motsi Mabuse and Anton Du Beke are all believed to earn £250,000 per series on the Strictly judging panel.

An insider told The Sun on Sunday: ‘He’s managed to triple his UK Strictly salary and beat off strong competition from favourite-for-the-job Alan Carr, who is friends with a lot of the cast and crew.’

Bruno will allegedly now make the same as his BGT co-stars Amanda Holden, 51 and Alesha Dixon, 44, when he kicks off filming at The London Palladium on Tuesday.

Tipped to the top! The Italian pro dancer, 67, is said to have received a £850,000 payday since joining the show, after beating out stiff competition including comedian Alan Carr

The  source added: ‘Simon has been Bruno’s biggest supporter and thinks he has a special on-screen quality that can’t be replicated.’

MailOnline have contacted representatives for Britain’s Got Talent and Bruno Toniolo for further comment. They are yet to respond. 

It comes following battle between Bruno – a close friend of Simon’s – and comedian Alan for the role. The show’s judges Alesha and Amanda were told the identity of their new colleague in the last week.

According to the Daily Mail’s Katie Hind, Bruno is yet to sign the contract but the job has been formally offered to him following at tug of war between ITV and BGT boss, who insisted that he had the role following David’s departure.

Bye bye: David, 51, was last year forced to leave the show after ten years following vile remarks he made about contestants during auditions in 2020

Alan, 46, is understood to be ‘devastated’ at losing out on the job which he thought was his.

Friends of the star said that he told he would be joining the show by those close to it two weeks ago.

One told the Daily Mail: ‘He is trying to keep his head up, he thought that he had it. It is really disappointing for him. BGT have really missed a trick, especially with the on-screen chemistry between him and Amanda.’ M

Meanwhile, a source close to the show said: ‘It is one the most peculiar events in showbusiness in recent years. Alan was told that he had the job and then all of sudden Bruno’s name popped up. It is so bizarre.

‘Some ITV bosses are cross at the decision, their preference was Alan as did most involved in the show who were really over the moon at the prospect of having join them for series. They all wanted him but Cowell was against it, he wanted his friend.’ Tonioli joining BGT means that there now two former Strictly judges on the panel – something ITV bosses are understood to have been against.

Final details: Terms such as money are being thrashed out but he will be at the auditions at the London Palladium on Tuesday alongside Alesha, Amanda and Simon (pictured)

What a shame: Alan is understood to be ‘devastated’ at losing out on the job which he thought was his.

He thought he had the job – and had even begun making arrangements for his on-screen clothing – until he saw reports that Bruno was also in line to take over.

David, 51, was last year forced to leave the show after ten years following vile remarks he made about contestants during auditions in 2020.

It was reported in November that David stood down from his role, although sources close to the show say he ‘jumped before he was pushed.’

His exit came after he described an elderly contestant as a c**t and made vile sexual remarks about a woman taking part during auditions in January 2020 at the London Palladium.

In one incident, picked up on the show’s microphones, an older performer engaged in light-hearted banter with the judges in which he made a jibe about David.

Awkward! He thought he had the job – and had even begun making arrangements for his on-screen clothing – until he saw reports that Bruno was also in line to take over 

After the audition, the pensioner left, and David is said to have described him as a ‘c**t’ three times.

In a separate incident, after a female contestant had walked off stage, David remarked: ‘She’s like the slightly boring girl you meet in the pub that thinks you want to f*** them, but you don’t.’ He later added: ‘I know, she’s just like: ‘Oh, f*** off!’ I was saying, she thinks you want to f*** her, but you don’t.

‘It’s the last thing on your mind, but she’s like: ‘Yep, I bet you do!’

‘No I don’t! I had a bit of a b***r, but now it’s going, it’s now shrivelled up inside my body.’

David, one of the UK’s best-known television personalities and children’s book authors, was forced to apologise for his outbursts – but he insisted that they were private conversations.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article