Cuba Gooding Jr. turns himself in to police over groping allegations

Cuba Gooding Jr. has turned himself in to police following claims he groped a woman in a New York rooftop bar.

The Boyz N The Hood actor, 51, was accused by a 29-year-old woman of grabbing her breast at Magic Hour Rooftop Bar & Lounge in Manhattan on Sunday 9 June.

Cuba has denied the allegations, claiming he has video footage to prove he didn’t do the act, and planned to turn himself into police.

According to Deadline, the actor has been charged with forcible touching.

Cuba was pictured smiling to reporters as he handed himself over to the New York Police Department’s special victims division.

Regarding the allegations, Cuba previously stated: ‘There’s a tape that shows what really happened. I believe in the system and let the process speak for itself.’

In a statement released on Monday, the police said: ‘The NYPD takes sexual assault extremely seriously, and urges anyone who has been a victim to file a police report so we can perform a comprehensive investigation, and offer support and services to survivors.’

Cuba’s lawyer Mark Heller has also disputed allegations which emerged from a second woman, who claimed the actor grabbed her buttocks at a New York restaurant in 2008.

The actor was previously involved in another bar-related incident in New Orleans in 2012, where a bartender claimed Cuba was agitated by people who wanted photos with him, and pushed her out the way. The bartender didn’t press charges.

His lawyer, Heller, said: ‘There is no pattern of conduct. It is not uncommon for people to come out of the woodwork when these things happen.’

Source: Read Full Article