Janet Street-Porter wears bandage on her nose after getting skin cancer growth removed
Janet Street-Porter has been seen porting a bandage on her nose after getting a skin cancer growth removed.
The 73 year old journalist appeared on This Morning on Monday 29 June to talk about the coronavirus pandemic when she was asked about the covering on her face.
TV presenter Phillip Schofield, 58, who recently left viewers in hysterics after making a hilarious X-rated slip-up, said: "Janet, we've got to ask straight away, what's the plaster on your nose?"
Giggling at Phillip's reaction, she replied: "Well, I had a small Basal cell carcinoma skin cancer growth taken off my nose a week ago."
Piers Morgan says pal Kate Garraway is 'living in hope' for husband Derek as he remains in hospital
EastEnders' Lacey Turner seen ‘back at soap studios’ for first time since giving birth to daughter Dusty
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
According to The Skin Cancer Foundation, Basal cell carcinoma is the most common type of skin cancer and starts in the basal cells in the skin, which produces new skin cells as the old ones die. It can appear as an open sore, red patch, pink growths, shiny bumps or take on other forms.
Janet continued: "I’m gonna be lifting the plaster off and talking about it on Loose Women on Wednesday, but I’m fine."
"I did have a white plaster on and I thought this one was a bot more aesthetically pleasing, but now I can see myself, it looks frightening!" she added while laughing.
Holly Willoughby, 39, who recently gushed over her pal Dermot O'Leary's newborn son after his wife Dee gave birth, then asked: "But you're alright though?"
To which the red-haired star replied: "I’m perfectly alright."
Janet was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma after a trip to Australia earlier this year, admitting she was "shocked" to discover she had the illness because she is "militant" about applying factor 50 sun cream to protect herself.
Celebrity age gap couples: From Lucy Mecklenburgh and Ryan Thomas to Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash
The veteran presenter had an appointment booked to remove the cancer three days before the UK went into lockdown in March, with it being postponed until last week.
"I showed this tiny spot on my nose to a dermatologist and he immediately referred me to a consultant," she told her co-stars Andrea McLean, Brenda Edwards and Jane Moore on Loose Women on Tuesday 23 June.
"He said I had a basal cell carcinoma which is a form of skin cancer which has to be removed, if I don't it will get bigger and bigger and I could be left with a very big scar."
Danielle Lloyd reveals she has been forced put baby plans on hold as she awaits surgery
She continued: "On Wednesday, finally after weekly badgering, my surgeon said I could have the operation. It's a local anaesthetic, where the surgeon takes a slither of the cancer and then analyses it while you're there.
"So they only take out exactly what they have to take out and you know what's going on.
"That has a 99% success rate and leaves the smallest scar. It has really been playing on my nerves, and I'm someone who always puts factor 50 on my nose."
Source: Read Full Article