Sarah Ferguson stands by Prince Andrew as she brands him a good and kind man
Sarah Ferguson has vowed to stand by Prince Andrew despite the sexual assault claims made earlier in 2022.
The Duchess of York, 62, described her former husband, 62, as "very good and kind", before adding that "he really understands the art of communication with me".
She made the comments during an interview with LBC's Iain Dale, following Andrew's out of court settlement with Virginia Giuffre in February.
"He's a very good and kind man. He really understands the art of communication with me and trust," said Sarah.
"We really do communicate, compromised with compassion. I will stand by him. It's an incredible friendship and not just co-parenting, it's just real."
The 62 year old also stated that she was thankful that their daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, "have got him".
She said: "Thank goodness the girls have got [him]. He's very Naval and 'this is how it's done' and very royal life and then they have the river running by which is me."
Speaking about whether she would consider her break up with the Duke of York as a fair tale, she said: "I think the happy ending is the way we are today and the way we lead by example with the ability to have a sense of understanding of each other.
"I don't think I would ever wish to go into anything where I can't just jump around and a sense of freedom. I think that is key to it. I love to be free.
"I like to go to Poland tomorrow if I wish to or if I want to go to Rwanda. I just love the way I am."
In a second interview, Sarah spoke to Times Radio on Tuesday morning.
The broadcaster asked whether she would still choose to marry the Duke if she could turn back time, to which she said: "Oh, yes – he's a very good and kind man."
Referring their wedding day, she added: "And it was an exceptional day, July 23 1986. And it was just extraordinary.
"I think my life is an amazing life. I think I've been very lucky. And I am now just beginning my life again. And I think it's pretty cool to be able to say that."
Her comments come after Andrew was reportedly "banned" from the Order of the Garter ceremony after Prince William and Prince Charles advised the Queen to not allow him to attend.
Prior to this, it's believed that he met with the Queen to ask for his HRH title back.
However, Her Majesty, 96, was said to have told her second son that it is “for his own good” if he stays out of sight after speaking with William, 39, and Charles, 73.
For all the latest royal news, sign up to OK!'s brand new Royal newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article