Prince Harry takes veiled swipe at mum Princess Diana's famous Panorama quote and says 'William and I were left out' | The Sun
PRINCE Harry took a veiled swipe at his mother Princess Diana's famous Panorama quote in his bombshell memoir.
In an explosive section of his biography 'Spare', the Duke of Sussex relived his relationship with his father's "other woman" Queen Camilla.
The Sun scooped the world by getting hold of a Spanish copy of the book everyone wants to read today.
Princess Diana notably discussed Charles' affairs in her 1995 Panorama interview, in which she said: "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded."
But Harry blasted the statement as "wrong", claiming: "My mother’s sentence that there were three people in her marriage was legendary but her calculations were wrong.
"William and I were left out of the equation."
Read more Royal News
Harry accuses Camilla of leaking stories and launching campaign to get crown
Royal fans think Harry’s fight story may not be the whole truth due to pic
He said he was too young to suspect his father's affair, but noted "the lack of stability, absence of love and affection in our home."
But he stressed William "harboured suspicions" about Camilla for a long time.
Harry wrote: "It would confuse him and torment him.
"When they were confirmed he felt awful remorse for not having said or done anything sooner."
Most read in Fabulous
Harry seen just hours before explosive claims Wills attacked him revealed
Harry's book accidentally goes on sale early – and we got our hands on it
Harry blames William & Kate for encouraging him to wear Nazi uniform to party
People are discovering what the tiny studs on your jeans are for & they're amazed
He revealed William's first official meeting with Camilla was at Highgrove – which "went well".
But Harry compared his meeting with the Queen Consort as similar to getting an injection, adding: "This is nothing. Close your eyes and you won’t even feel it."
He said the meeting was stone cold. He wrote: "None of us were particularly worried about each others opinion on the other.
"She was not my mother and I was not her major obstacle, in other words I was not the HEIR.
The explosive revelations in Harry's book include:
- Prince Harry claimed his brother William 'attacked' him in a row over Meghan Markle
- Harry called his therapist instead of Meghan after the confrontation with his brother
- Charles pleaded with Harry and William not to 'make his final years a misery'
- The Duke of Sussex revealed the nicknames he uses with William
- Meanwhile, seven times Harry was welcomed by the Royals have been revealed
- Harry claimed William and Kate Middleton encouraged him to wear the infamous Nazi uniform
- The duke said he does want to go to King Charles' coronation, a trailer for his ITV interview has revealedHarry's book accidentally went on sale early in Spain – and we got our hands on one of the first copies
- Breaking cover just hours before the explosive claims were revealed, Harry was seen on a dog walk
- The duke feared Camilla would be his wicked stepmother
- Harry accused Camilla of leaking stories & claimed she launched a campaign to marry Charles and get the crown
- Eagle-eyed royal fans think Harry's fight story may not be the whole truth after spotting clue
"That scene with me was pure formality."
Harry said he and William begged their father not to marry Camilla.
He wrote: "William and I promised our dad that we would welcome Camilla into the family.
"The only thing we asked in exchange is that he didn’t marry her.
"We begged him – you do not need to get married for a second time."
Read More on The Sun
Fashion fans horrified after spotting 90s trend being sold on the high street
Greggs has made a change to opening hours – and shoppers will love it
He claims he and William told their father: "Please do not marry her and be together that’s it dad.”
This story is based off a translated version of Prince Harry’s book Spare.
Source: Read Full Article