Dr. Laura Berman’s son Samuel dead at 16 from drug overdose

Dr. Laura Berman’s 16-year-old son, Samuel, has tragically died of a drug overdose.

The “shattered” relationship therapist revealed the heartbreaking news via Instagram, saying that Samuel overdosed on fentanyl-laced Xanax.

“My beautiful boy is gone. 16 years old. Sheltering at home. A drug dealer connected with him on Snapchat and gave him fentinyl [sic] laced Xanax and he overdosed in his room,” she wrote alongside a photo of her and her son. “My heart is completely shattered and I am not sure how to keep breathing.”

The “Language of Love” podcast host shared her tragedy “so that not one more kid dies.” The therapist said her son was a straight-A student “getting ready for college.”

“Experimentation gone bad. He got the drugs delivered to the house,” she continued. “Please watch your kids and WATCH SNAPCHAT especially. That’s how they get them.”

On her Instagram Story, Berman re-shared a post calling for parents to have their teens get off Snapchat.

Snapchat didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.

Following the news, fans of Berman’s and classmates of Samuel’s showered her with support.

“I am a student at Milken who was in two of Sam’s classes and can personally say that he was such a king [sic] soul,” commented one friend. “I am so sorry for you and your family’s loss. Sam didn’t deserve to die so soon. I am sending my love and prayers. ❤️ May he rest in pease [sic].”

“Dr Laura, My heart is shattered in a million pieces for you…. I have a 15 year old son…… I am sooooo sorry,” commented one follower.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article