Nigella Lawson’s cooking hack makes delicious pasta using leftover ingredients
Nigella Lawson revealed how you can use leftover bread to make a delicious pasta dish.
On Instagram, the TV chef explained how you can turn stale loaves into lemon and garlic breadcrumbs.
She wrote: “I always relish an opportunity to use up ingredients that are past their best.
“The thing to do is make breadcrumbs with stale bread whenever it's to hand.
“Stash the breadcrumbs in airtight bags in the deep freeze and use whenever needed, without thawing first.
“I am not totally old-school, though: I don't grate my stale bread to make breadcrumbs, but blitz it in the food processor.”
Nigella outlines the full recipe on her website.
If you want to give it a go, check out or brief run down below…
Ingredients you’ll need
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- One lemon
- Chilli flakes
- Fresh flatleaf parsley
- Boil some salted water in a saucepan
- When the water’s bubbling, add your pasta and cook according to packet instructions
- In a non-stick frying pan, warm a glug of olive oil with lemon zest
- Toast off your breadcrumbs in the lemony mixture
- Drain your spaghetti but make sure you’ve kept a ladle of pasta water behind
- Mix your pasta with more olive oil and half the lemon juice
- Add seasoning, chilli flakes and minced garlic for flavour
- Incorporate pasta water to create a velvety sauce
- Add more lemon juice if you wish
- Stir in your chopped parsley and toasted breadcrumbs
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Cooking fans have gone wild for Nigella’s simple recipe.
On Instagram, one of the chef’s followers gushed: “Did this for tea. It was soooo good and easy.”
Another said: “I took it to the office for lunch today.”
And a third added: “Love this dish!
“I must say it also works with gluten free spaghetti. So flavoursome.”
Source: Read Full Article