Lakers-Grizzlies odds: LA Lakers huge favorites over Memphis
The Memphis Grizzlies (1-2) visit the Los Angeles Lakers (2-1) Tuesday at Staples Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 p.m. ET. Here, we break down the Grizzlies-Lakers betting odds and lines, with NBA betting picks and tips for the Western Conference matchup.
Grizzlies at Lakers: By the numbers
Place a legal sports bet on this NBA action or other games at BetMGM.
- The Grizzlies have started the year 1-2 against the spread, including 0-1 ATS on the road. The Lakers are 2-1 ATS overall and 2-0 at home.
- Memphis is 2-1 against the Over/Under and tops the projected total by an average of 12.3 points per game. L.A. is 1-2 against the total while falling an average of 13.8 points shy of the projection.
- The Lakers are outscoring the opposition 105.7-99.7 through three games. The Grizzlies have been outscored 121.0-112.3 on average.
- Memphis won last season’s head-to-head series with Los Angeles two games to one. The two Grizzlies’ victories were by no more than eight points.
- The Lakers won by 23 in the 2018-19 campaign’s first meeting.
- Lakers F/C Anthony Davis is averaging 25.0 points per game with 10.3 rebounds per game to start his Lakers tenure.
- Grizzlies rookie Ja Morant leads the team with 18.0 PPG and 6.0 assists per game.
- Memphis ranks second in the NBA while averaging 108.56 possessions per game. Only the Denver Nuggets are operating at a slower pace than L.A.’s 98.00 possessions per game.
- The Lakers rank ninth with 1.60 assists per turnover. The Grizzlies are 16th with 1.46 assists per turnover.
Grizzlies at Lakers: Key injuries
- SF Kyle Anderson (calf) questionable
- SF Andre Iguodala (undisclosed) out indefinitely
- PG Rajon Rondo (calf) questionable
- PF Kyle Kuzma (foot) out
Grizzlies at Lakers: Odds, picks and betting tips
NBA odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated at 8:45 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : The Lakers should win comfortably against a Grizzlies team committed to rebuilding this season, but the -833 odds for L.A. to win outright are far too chalky. We’ll find a better profit margin on the spread.
New to sports betting? A $10 bet on the Lakers to simply win outright returns a profit of just $1.20.
Line : Take the Lakers with the -10.5 points they’re being spotted on home court. Should they win by 11 or more points, the same $10 bet fetches an $8 profit with the -125 odds.
Over/Under : Take the UNDER 217.5 (+105) with Memphis lacking firepower. The Lakers will slow down the Grizzlies and L.A. should be expected to rest the likes of Davis and LeBron James for much of the fourth quarter while cruising to victory.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Esten’s NBA betting record: 4-4
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Nationals fan refuses to drop two beers, takes home run ball directly to the chest
How President Trump reacted to getting loudly booed at the World Series
Fantasy football trade targets for Week 9: Buy Le’Veon Bell, sell Julian Edelman
Leonard Fournette turns charming video into brutal roast of Blake Bortles
Beer-holding Nationals fan explained why he used his chest to block HR ball
Source: Read Full Article