LaVar Ball admits 1-on-1 with Michael Jordan isn’t happening: ‘We’re over 50’
LaVar Ball would love to play his son’s new boss, Michael Jordan, in a game of one-on-one – for $200 million atop the Empire State Building, no less – but even the big-talking Big Baller knows it’s not going to happen.
“Realistically, neither one of us is gonna do this,” Ball told TMZ Sports earlier this week. “We over 50!”
Earlier in the video, which was taken Tuesday at the Ball family’s turkey giveaway in South Central Los Angeles, the elder Ball detailed what it would take to face Jordan, whose Charlotte Hornets selected point guard LaMelo Ball with the third overall pick in the NBA Draft last week.
“You gonna see me and Mike play for the small price of $200 million on pay-per-view. If it’s a dollar short, we’re not playing,” the 53-year-old Ball said. “Who comes up with the money? The people who want to see. Hey, whenever they come with $200 million, I’ll be ready to put my shoes back on and give you one more game for the Big Baller.”
Asked if he’s spoken to Jordan about such an arrangement, Ball replied, “I ain’t talked to MJ about it. I’m the baddest. He gotta come see me. I don’t know how it’s gonna come down, but like I said, if we play, it’s gotta be on top of maybe the Empire State Building, something up high.”
On draft night, LaVar’s 19-year-old son LaMelo seemed more realistic about the possibility.
“I don’t think it’s gonna happen. And I think we know how it would turn out, to be honest,” LaMelo Ball joked. “That’s my pops, and my boss, so I’m on both sides now.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article