Man City vs Bayern: Pep puts title charge on hold to battle German kings in a tasty Champions League tie – stream, TV | The Sun
MANCHESTER CITY put their Premier League aspirations on hold for a tasty two-legged Champions League affair with Bayern Munich – and it’s too close to call.
The Cityzens are in phenomenal form and cannot stop scoring having bagged TWENTY-ONE goals in their last four matches.
And Erling Haaland’s double against Southampton on the weekend saw the Norweigian’s league tally rocket to 30 with nine games to play.
City are no strangers to finding the back of the net in this competition either as they humiliated RB Leipzig 8-1 on aggregate in the previous round.
However, Pep’s men face arguably their toughest test this season in a Bayern Munich side who are not only chasing an 11th successive Bundesliga triumph.
But they sent French giants Paris Saint-Germain crashing out of the tournament with ease in the round of 16.
Read more on Football
Boehly turned to James Corden for advice before hiring Lampard as Chelsea boss
Lamps’ horror in-tray with no strikers, overloaded squad and Real looming
When is Man City vs Bayern?
- Manchester City’s mouth-watering first-leg Champions League encounter against Bayern Munich will take place on Tuesday, April 11.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 8pm UK time.
- Etihad Stadium in Manchester is the allocated arena for this huge encounter and it can host approximately 53,400 fans.
- Pep was in charge of Bayern when the sides last met in a competitive fixture but it was City who won the 2014 Champions League match courtesy of a Sergio Aguero hattrick.
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Manchester City vs Bayern will be broadcast LIVE on BT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Coverage is set to commence from 7pm UK time – a whole hour before kick-off.
- Subscription holders can head to the BT Sport website or BT Sport app to stream the entire action.
- Alternatively, SunSport will have minute-by-minute coverage of the match including build-up and post-game reaction.
What is the team news?
Pep Guardiola would have been delighted to see Erling Haaland return to action with a double against Southampton on Saturday.
However, Phil Foden is still unavailable for a little while longer after undergoing surgery for his acute appendicitis.
Most read in Sport
Man Utd legend in car crash before Everton win with police called to scene
George is gripped as dad Wills takes him to watch his beloved Villa
Tottenham and Brighton managers both SENT OFF for huge touchline bust-up
Fury has to settle for 2ND best heavyweight boxer ranking as top 10 list released
Elsewhere, Thomas Tuchel is set to be without the trio of Mathys Tel (muscle), Lucas Hernandez (knee) and Manuel Neuer (broken leg) for Bayern's trip to the Etihad.
However, both Joao Cancelo and Leroy Sane will go up against their former club for the first time on Tuesday.
What is the latest odds?
- Man City to win 3/4
- Draw 14/5
- Bayern to win 17/5
- Man City 4/6
- Bayern 11/10
*Odds courtesy of Ladbrokes are correct at time of publication
Source: Read Full Article