Sporting vs Arsenal: Gunners readjust focus on Europa League aspirations after courageous Cherries comeback – stream, TV | The Sun
ARSENAL take on Sporting in a mouth-watering Europa League knockout encounter – and they'll be hoping for a smoother trip than their last match against Bournemouth.
Mikel Arteta's men were forced to dig deep after going TWO goals behind – with the first one coming inside nine seconds.
But Reiss Nelson's last-gasp strike helped the Gunners to snatch all three points from the Cherries on the weekend.
However, the Arsenal boss will be determined to keep his side level-headed as they now face a Sporting side who have a huge pedigree in European football.
Furthermore, the Portuguese giants have familiar face Hector Bellerin within their ranks and he'll be eager to prove a point against some of his former teammates.
When is Sporting vs Arsenal?
- Sporting's tasty Europa League tie against Arsenal will take place on Thursday, March 9.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 5:45pm UK time – same time locally.
- Estadio Jose Alvalade in Lisbon, Portugal is the allocated arena for this huge match and it can host approximately 50,095.
- The Gunners were held to a goalless draw when these two sides last met in a 2018 Europa League group fixture.
Read more on Arsenal
Arsenal fan Woods brutally destroys Spurs supporter who moaned about Gunners
FA launch investigation into Arsenal celebrations following last-minute winner
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Sporting vs Arsenal will be broadcast LIVE on BT Sport 2 in the UK.
- Coverage is set to commence from 5:15pm UK time – 30 minutes before kick-off.
- Subscription members of BT Sport can stream the entire action live via the BT Sport website or BT Sport app.
- Alternatively, SunSport's live blog will have minute-by-minute coverage of the match.
What is the team news?
Sporting boss Ruben Amorim will be hoping Dario Essugo will recover in time for the huge Arsenal clash.
While it is likely to be too soon for Daniel Braganca despite returning to training from his cruciate ligament rupture last July.
Elsewhere, Mikel Arteta will be sweating over the fitness of Eddie Nketiah who missed out on the courageous Bournemouth win.
Most read in Europa League
Family who starred in doc after daughter killed confirm sister died in crash
Haunting CCTV shows car before three pals found dead in crash after night out
3 found dead & 2 hurt in car after search for pals who disappeared on night out
Keane and Neville made to eat words after mocking Souness' prediction
And Leandro Trossard after being dragged off early with what looked to be a suspected groin strain.
However, this could result in a start for super sub Reiss Nelson following his heroic performance on the weekend.
What are the odds?
- Sporting to win 5/2
- Draw 23/10
- Arsenal to win 11/10
*Odds courtesy of Ladbrokes are correct at time of publication
Source: Read Full Article