UFC 269 – Poirier vs Oliveira FREE: Date, UK start time, live stream, TV channel, prelims for lightweight title fight
DUSTIN POIRIER finally gets his shot at lightweight supremacy when he takes on Charles Oliveira for the 155lbs belt at UFC 269.
Oliveira won the title by beating Michael Chandler via TKO earlier this year and he couldn't have a trickier first defence to begin his reign.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Poirier could have had the title shot a little earlier than December, but he chose to give Conor McGregor a money-spinning trilogy rematch in the summer instead.
The Diamond won that bout via first-round TKO, leaving himself in perfect stead for his clash with Oliveira, one of the most dangerous operators in the UFC.
When is UFC 269: Poirier vs Oliveira?
- Poirier's big clash with Oliveira will take place on Saturday, December 11.
- The event will be held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- There will be a full capacity crowd in attendance for the big fight.
- For fans in the UK, expect ring-walks to begin from 5am GMT in the early hours of Sunday, December 12.
What TV channel is it on and can I live stream?
- Poirier vs Oliveira will be shown live in the UK on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate.
- You can live stream the event by downloading the BT Sport app, which is available on your mobile or tablet device.
- The undercard fights will begin on BT Sport 1 from 1am UK time, with the main card set to start at 3am.
How can I watch for FREE?
- EE Customers can add BT Sport to their plan at no extra cost if they are on a Smart or Full Works plan.
UFC 269: Poirier vs Oliveira FULL CARD
- Dustin Poirier vs Charles Oliveira
- Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Julianna Pena
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Kai Kara-France
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O’Malley
- Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Josh Emmett vs. Dan Ige
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
- Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
- Jordan Wright vs. Bruno Silva
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Miranda Maverick
- Andre Muniz vs. Eryk Anders
Most read in MMA
White 'doesn't blame' Nate Diaz for snubbing 'straight murderer' Chimaev
Jose Aldo & Rob Font break each other's eye sockets and face six months out
Paul offers to fight Tommy Fury's 'cringe old man' dad John AND brother Tyson
UFC star Zhalgas Zhumagulov has TWO wives and six children from both marriages
What have they said?
“I really think I’m going to stop this guy,” Poirier said.
“I really think I’m going to stop this guy. 25 minutes is too long to fight with me and not get hit with a shot and not get put in a bad position.
I’m feeling the best I’ve ever felt. My body feels good. I’m really focused. I can’t wait.”
“These 25 minutes, no matter how much pair or discomfort you’re going through, these 25 minutes are going to last for the rest of my life.
"And maybe this is the last time I make that walk to fight for a championship."
Source: Read Full Article