UFC star Conor McGregor blasted by MMA promoter Chael Sonnen and labelled a ‘snitch’ for outing ‘drunk’ Daniel Cormier
MMA promoter Chael Sonnen has hit back at Conor McGregor after The Notorious' comments on UFC commentator Daniel Cormier.
McGregor called Cormier a 'fat drunk' in a hastily deleted tweet, but his words were seen by promoter Chael Sonnen.
Cormier, 42, is a retired former dual-weight UFC champion who now works as commentator, with 33-year-old Irishman McGregor locked in a war of words with him after his broadcasting appearance at UFC 264.
McGregor then tweeted a photo of the former light-heavy and heavyweight champ during last week's UFC 265 broadcast, brandishing him a 'fat drunk' before deleting the post.
That was after the feud started with The Notorious taking exception to Cormier's scathing assessment of his controversial tweet mocking the death of Khabib Nurmagomedov's late father Abdulmanap.
But Chael Sonnen has himself now taken exception to McGregor's latest comments.
In a video on his YouTube channel in a video titled 'Conor McGregor TATTLED on Daniel Cormier…' Sonnen said: "From the standpoint of Mr. Entertainer, he’s now a snitch.
"Daniel did not show up to anything drunk, guys.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
"Do not mistake that [but] let’s say he did. Conor said he did. Conor’s now a snitch. He rattled on him.
"You tattled on one of the boys?
"Did he do anything wrong? Was he obnoxious? Was he unruly?
"No. Okay well how did you know? ‘I just know. I could smell it.’ Then you are a snitch. Why did you tattle on him?
"Particularly from the guy who’s in the business of selling alcohol and shows up at press conferences with a whisky right on the desk."
The Irish fighter and UFC poster boy is yet to respond to Sonnen's comments, but it wouldn't be a surprise to anyone if The Notorious hits back in scathing fashion.
McGregor is currently recovering from the broken leg he suffered in his second match with Poirier at UFC 264, which he lost via first-round TKO.
The Notorious snapped BOTH his tibia and fibula and underwent surgery the following day after the horror injury on July 11.
He is expected to be out of action for the next year, but has promised his last fight is not the end of his UFC career.
The 33-year-old has been filmed training since his defeat last month, completing gruelling upper body workouts with his leg in a protective boot.
Source: Read Full Article