AJ Pritchard says Im A Celeb castle camp was a DIY job
AJ Pritchard has revealed "a lot of things" in the I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! castle last year were "quite DIY".
The ITV show is set in Gwyrch Castle for the second year in a row after travel restrictions have prevented the show from taking place in its usual location of Australia.
Former Strictly Come Dancing pro AJ, 27, took part in last year's series and were the first stars to stay in the castle in north Wales for the show.
And now, as this year's celebrities prepare to return to camp after they were taken out amid Storm Arwen, AJ has revealed what it's really like to stay in the castle.
AJ appeared on Good Morning Britain on Tuesday 30 December and revealed he thought some parts in the castle were a bit of a DIY job.
Speaking to GMB's Susanna Reid and Ben Shepherd, the professional dancer revealed: "Well, we did get our sleeping bags but we did get told before we went in: 'Don't worry, you won't be cold'. As soon as I walked through the door I was like: 'Well she was lying, we're definitely going to be cold!'
"Yeah, everything I literally as you see it so you chop your wood, you keep warm. The warm shower, if you keep the boiler going, is there so that is always a godsend – until it breaks because we went in the first year and a lot of things were quite DIY I felt.
"But, thankfully, they put a door in-between where the fire pit is and the bedroom so we stopped the draught a couple days in. But, it is as you see it. It is freezing, two pairs of socks is not enough. And even when you're in your sleeping bag it's still very nippy so it goes to minus you can't do much about that."
It comes as the show is set to make a return to fans' screens on Tuesday 30 November after they were evacuated from the camp due to Storm Arwen.
Hosts Ant and Dec couldn't hide their excitement at the return of the show, after I'm A Celeb were forced to cancel three episodes.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
In a video, which the pair posted on their joint Instagram page, the pair shared their happiness over the "great" news.
Speaking from their cottage kitchen, the TV duo joked they were grateful that they no longer had to present the show to a toy castle on the worktop in front of them. Pointing at the mini figures Ant and Dec said: “It might be you!” before challenging them to fight a toy dragon.
As they shared the video, the pair wrote: "Good news!! Our amazing production team have been working round the clock to get the #ImaCeleb site back up and running following the damage caused by Storm Arwen, and we’ll be back in the Castle at 9pm tomorrow night (Tuesday 30th November)!"
Stay up to date with all the latest on I'm A Celeb by signing up to OK!'s daily celebrity newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article