Big Brother contestants stare in horror as they are told about coronavirus
Big Brother stars watched on in fear as the TV host told them about the coronavirus outbreak.
The reality stars looked wide-eyed as German presenter Jochen Schropp dropped the bomb-shell about the deadly bug live on television on Tuesday.
Behind a glass screen, the television host sat with the resident doctor to deliver the news to the housemates in Germany.
Expressions of fright were written across the contestants faces when they were left speechless by the news.
The 14 men and women were reassured their families were OK before they were given the opportunity to speak to them.
Jochen said: "There is currently a lot going on in world events since you entered the house. We’d like to inform you why we’re here and why we’re behind a glass screen.
"COVID-19 has basically spread across the world in recent days, triggering a global pandemic.
"This is a disease similar to the flu and is mainly dangerous for older people.
"We’re going to allow you to speak to your families so you can rest easy. And you can com-municate with them as they are all OK."
It comes after broadcaster SAT.1 came under fire from Big Brother fans as there was an out-cry stars hadn't been properly informed.
In the wake of the social media outburst, the broadcast lifted the lid on plans to tell the con-testants about the crippling impact of COVID-19.
A spokesperson for the show said: "The health and wellbeing of Big Brother Housemates is our priority.
All current productions were informed last week that the usual format rules re-garding outside news do not apply in this instance, and it was requested that they inform their respective housemates of the evolving situation regarding COVID-19.
"The majority of the Housemates have already been briefed and this process will complete today (17th March)."
The up-and-coming reality stars have been holed up in the compound in Cologne, Germany with no awareness of the events until now.
It wasn’t until early February the first cases of the deadly bug were emerging from outside the confinements of Wuhan, China.
The Big Brother contestants were shut off from trusted news sources after they entered the house which has always been a format of the reality television show.
Since the start of the show, four more contestants joined the original line-up on March 9 amid the killer virus sweeping the globe.
However, the four newcomers were ordered to keep quiet about coronavirus.
It’s believed they didn't share the news with fellow contestants who were already in the household.
Germany has 7,000 people infected with coronavirus and 14 deaths to date.
Source: Read Full Article