How is AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen doing? Latest updates
AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen continues her recovery after she suffered horrific third-degree burns in freak fireball accident.
The 23-year-old has barely been seen in public since the incident, in which the filming of a life hack video took a turn and left her engulfed in flames.
How is AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen doing?
Abbie Quinnen is clearly progressing well with her recovery after she was spotted in public walking hand in hand with boyfriend AJ.
Abbie did don a black compression bandage around her neck to protect her injuries while they continue to heal.
The Sun revealed last week how Abbie begged to know if AJ still loved her after her face was badly burned.
Thankfully, quick thinking AJ was on hand to smother Abbie in wet towels to battle the flames before phoning 999.
What happened to Abbie Quinnen?
The fire broke out as the couple were aiming to film a short life-hack video, in which the aim is to cut through a wine bottle to make a vase using a rope dipped in chemicals.
However, when the rope caught alight the bottle exploded and sent Abbie up in flames.
Abbie recalled the horror moment to The Sun, where she said:
“AJ and I just wanted to do the life hack video for fans to watch at home. It was a popular video online so we were doing a test-run in the kitchen that I was going to film.
“My hair caught fire and within seconds the flames had spread to my top and my body was alight.
“It was such a shock, I was panicking and screaming. I dropped down to the floor and I was rolling to try to put out the fire.
“I saw my life flash before my eyes. I never thought something like that would happen to me.
“The first thing I said to AJ was, ‘Is my face going to be OK? Are you still going to love me?’
“I kept repeating this to him and I was shaking in horror.”
The extent of the injuries left Abbie unable to eat or sleep properly, with the 23-year-old reliant on 27 tablets a day to numb the pain.
Timeline of Abbie Quinnen's injury and recovery
- Abbie is engulfed in flames after filming of the video goes wrong, AJ is on hand to wrap her in wet towels and phone 999.
- The pair were told that an ambulance would take too long to arrive so AJ's brother Curtis, 25 also a dancer, drove them to Ealing Hospital in West London.
- Due to coronavirus rules, AJ was unable to tend to Abbie by her bedside originally and was forced to wait outside.
- Abbie recalls how when she arrived at the hospital, her 'face was burning hot, it felt very painful. She added “I had massive blisters filled with water on my chest, neck and face and they had to pop them and clean the areas."
- Abbie spent the first night in intensive care.
- She was then transferred to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital’s burns unit the following day.
- Abbie was told by doctors she would require a skin draft, and to choose where they would take the skin from – the back of her head or the side of her ribcage. She recalled: “I couldn’t cope with shaving my head and losing more hair, so we went for my rib cage.”
- Doctors then discovered Abbie had a skin infection and were forced to use allografts (donor skin) instead of her own.
- This caused the influencer a great deal of emotional distress, as she remembers: “Every time I had an operation that didn’t work with my own skin I would wake up shaking, I was so worried I wouldn’t heal. I remember thinking, ‘Haven’t I been through enough? Why is this happening to me?’ But I tried to stay positive.”
- Five days later, Abbie was discharged from hospital with AJ there to take her home.
Source: Read Full Article