X Factor’s Lucy Spraggan left shaken as her book signing is evacuated over ‘emergency’ | The Sun

LUCY Spraggan was left shaken today as her book signing was shut down.

The 32-year-old was rushed out of the store in Manchester after the fire alarm went off and engines were called to the scene.

Panicked fans were seen flooding into the street as Lucy was whisked into Gordom Ramsay's Lucky Cat restaurant next door.

An onlooker said: “It was a really big day for Lucy and she looked really shaken when she was whisked away by her team.

“Fortunately it was a false alarm and Lucy could eventually go back in, but she waited a long time.

“It wasn’t the drama she was expecting from the day, after such a long time away from the public eye.”

Read More on Lucy Spraggan

Simon Cowell stood down from show after ITV snubbed me, says Lucy Spraggan

X Factor star’s rapist deported after serving 4 years in jail for attack

Lucy, who found fame on the X Factor in 2012, is currently promoting her new book  Process: Finding My Way Through.

In the book she has reveals she was raped by a hotel porter during her time on the ITV show and that the harrowing ordeal left her feeling suicidal.

It took place in a hotel room after a night out at Mahiki club in London's Mayfair, where she had been celebrating TV star pal Rylan Clark's 25th birthday.

Lucy, who was 20 at the time, said: "I woke up the next day with this sense of sheer dread.

Most read in Reality


Big Brother legend Imogen Thomas stuns as she sunbathes topless in Greece

the best is back

Big Brother legend 'confirms return to ITV2 reboot' 19 years after winning

show fears

Giovanni Pernice’s Strictly future in doubt as he pulls out of show with Anton


Christine McGuinness teams up with Coronation Street star for reality show

"I don't think I've ever felt that level of confusion since. I knew that I'd been raped, but I could not process that. So I put my clothes on and went into autopilot."

Before the attack, the hotel porter had helped unsteady Lucy back to her room, flipping the security latch on her door to stop it locking and allowing him to return.

But Rylan, now 34, then checked in on his friend before making sure her door was locked when he left.

It meant that when the porter returned to Lucy's room to attack her, he had to use a traceable key card to enter – a vital piece of evidence in securing his conviction.

Police were called and an arrest was made, with her attacker later sentenced to ten years in jail.

Source: Read Full Article