Boy, 7, left ‘brain dead’ after being slammed to the ground 27 TIMES in judo class as he begged for mercy

A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD boy has been left brain dead after being slammed to the ground 27 times by his coach and fellow classmates during a judo class.

The youngster, known only by his nickname Wei Wei, is in a coma and is likely to remain in a vegetative state even if he pulls through.

The boy, who is now fighting for his life, allegedly begged for mercy during the cruel battle, at a gym in Taiwan, but his coach told him to continue.

He had only started taking judo classes two weeks prior to the horrific incident, after pleading with his parents to let him try out the martial art in April.

Footage of the disturbing 'training' has emerged, showing the boy being thrown onto a mat over the shoulder of an older classmate.

In the agonising clip, Wei Wei can be heard screaming, "my leg", "my head" and "I don't want it!", but despite his protests, the instructor – in his late 60s and only identified by his surname Ho – orders him to stand up and callously commands the older boy to continue throwing him.

As the stricken seven-year-old struggles to stand, the coach picks him up and throws him several more times.

The child then vomits – but the sick judo class doesn't stop.

His family said he was thrown more than 27 times during the incident.

Wei Wei eventually passed out after the relentless assault and was taken to hospital where doctors found he had suffered severe brain haemorrhaging.

The small boy is now in a coma and on life support.

"I still remember that morning when I took him to school," his mother told the BBC.

"He turned around and said, 'Mama goodbye'. By night, he had become like this."

The coach, Ho, has been detained pending an investigation on suspicion of negligence causing serious injury.

But he has shockingly denied any wrongdoing, according to the Taichung District Court.


Ho was initially released by the district prosecutor following questioning, who accepted his explanation that the incident was merely part of "normal training".

But the decision was reversed after Wei Wei's family held a news conference, seeing the court announce there was evidence to suspect that the coach may have committed a serious crime.

After highlighting the risk of collusion with witnesses, a prosecution request was granted to place Ho in incommunicado detention – meaning he is denied contact with anyone except his lawyer.

He is reportedly an esteemed judo coach who has taught classes for over 10 years, who has a "good relationship" with the Taichung City Judo Committee.

The seven-year-old's family have vowed to "seek justice", as his parents remain by his bedside with slim hopes of their son's survival.

"When I visit him at hospital, I talk to him," Mr Huang, Wei Wei's father said. "I want Wei Wei to hear that we are waiting for him to wake up."

Alarmingly, there were a number of adults present at the judo studio who witnessed the incident, including the young boy's maternal uncle, who accompanied his nephew to the classes each time.

It was this family member who reportedly filmed the video, to show Wei Wei's mother the sport may not be suitable for him.

The coach allegedly told his uncle that Wei Wei was faking unconsciousness before telling his father the youngster had intentionally fell hard on the mat.

Wei Wei's mother later told reporters that his uncle felt "terrible for what happened", it was reported.

The case has raised concerns regarding the strictness and force used by authority figures towards children in Taiwan.

    Source: Read Full Article