Conor McGregor says he’s ‘crushed’ and ‘can't go on like this’ in worrying social media post after ‘sex attack’ arrest

CONOR McGregor has said he "can't go on like this" after he was accused of "exhibiting his private parts" to a young married woman in Corsica.

The UFC star, 32, was arrested last Friday on suspicion of attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure before he was released without charge the following day.


The woman said the 32-year-old Irishman assaulted her and showed off his manhood following a heavy drinking session in the upmarket port town of Calvi on September 6.

His outpour came as a response to a user who told him that he was described as "English" in a BBC story.

The user said: "They can have him. The BBC is correct, Conor McGregor is English."

McGregor, who is Irish, said: "[You work in] suicide prevention yet [you are] ridiculing me in this manner online, at this horrendous time in my life."

He continued: "I am trying to stay strong for my kids and the people that rely on me and that love and support me. Thanks for the insults, hypocrite.

"I can’t go on like this man. I am crushed here."

He since deleted the posts.

Investigators say the alleged incident happened in a spot where fixed cameras were placed.

They also said holidaymakers may have captured the moment on their phones and have been urged to help police with their investigation.

"It is also possible that the incident being complained about was filmed. It took place in a very busy place, where fixed cameras are situated everywhere.

"Lots of holidaymakers would also have been filming and taking pictures on their phones, so they also need to be spoken to," investigators said.

She claimed the incident happened as she headed to the toilet in a Corsica bar, it was claimed on Sunday.

McGregor was released yesterday without charge, but the criminal case is still active and he could be summoned before a magistrate later this week.

Physical tests, including ones for drugs and alcohol, were carried out on McGregor and cops are currently waiting for results.

TV broadcaster France 3 Corse said it had spoken to a friend of the alleged victim.


The report reads: "According to a witness who spoke with the complainant that same evening and whom we were able to question, McGregor, accompanied by his bodyguards, allegedly exhibited his private parts to the young woman without her consent as she made her way into the bar toilets."

The source said what happened "deeply shocked the woman, who was on holiday in Calvi with her husband".

The source said he had no information as to whether McGregor also assaulted the woman, who has not been identified.

As the alleged victim of a sex crime, she will be entitled to anonymity while pursuing her complaint, said the source.

'KEY PHYSICAL TESTS'

"Key physical tests were carried out on the suspect, but the results will not be known until after the weekend," an investigating source said on Sunday.

"These tests are of a routine nature following incidents like this, but they take time, to make sure there is no doubt about them."

Tests for alcohol and drugs are common when suspects are arrested by police in France, especially following accusations of assault.

High Corsica, the area in which Calvi is situated, is also a Coronavirus red zone where cases are on the increase.

MCGREGOR ARREST

Formal allegations were made against McGregor to police last Thursday, by an as-yet unnamed complainant, believed to be the woman victim.

This led to police raiding McGregor’s £3million yacht, which was named locally as the ‘Dave Ocean’, the next day.

McGregor made his way to the local Tramariccia Gendarmerie by bike on Friday, surrounded by bodyguards, and was then grilled by an examining magistrate and judicial police.

"The suspect was arrested and placed in custody by the judicial authorities,’ said a spokesman for the Bastia prosecutor. ‘He was released on Saturday.'"

There had been a complaint pointing toward "sexual assault and indecent exposure," said the spokesman.

French police can hold a suspect for an initial period of 48 hours before having to apply for an extension to custody, charge them, or release them.

'VIGOROUSLY DENIED'

In this case McGregor was released, but the case has not been closed, and there may be further action, the spokesman confirmed.

Emmanuelle Ramon, McGregor’s lawyer, said his client "vigorously denied any wrongdoing".

"He has been released before the legal end of police custody and without any judicial review," said Mr Ramon.

Audie Attar, McGregor’s manager, said in a statement: "I am irate and putting out a warning loud and clear: Conor McGregor is not and will not be a target for those seeking to score a headline or a payday."

McGregor was staying on his yacht in Corsica with his girlfriend, Dee Devlin, and their two children.

Since his brush with the law, he has been seen out running around Calvi.

McGregor had been preparing to take part in a 180-kilometer, 24-hour charity water bike race from Calvi to Monaco.

Princess Charlene of Monaco would have been alongside him to help promote water safety, but McGregor has now been forced to withdraw.





Source: Read Full Article