Dad tortured son, 10, with taser dog collar and forced him to eat faeces

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A young boy was abused and tortured for years before his death as he was locked in the attic, tortured with an electric dog collar and forced to eat his own feces.

Takoda Collins' twisted dad, from Ohio in the US, pleaded guilty to the torture and murder of the 10-year-old boy this week.

In December 2019, the victim was rushed to Dayton Children's Hospital after his dad, Al-Mutahan McClean, 30, told the 911 operator that his son was not responding.

An investigation was opened by authorities which concluded Takoda had been tortured, beaten, and raped by his father.

Items recovered from the home following a search warrant revealed a Taser, four electric dog collars, and a combination lock found in the attic, the Dayton Daily News reports.

Authorities unveiled that Takoda was also forced to eat his own faeces and had suffered injuries such as scratching and bruising from sexual assault.

The Montgomery County Coroner's Office announced that Takoda's death was a result of multiple injuries including blunt force injury, water submersion and compressive asphyxia.

Prosecutor Lynda Dodd said: "Mr McClean was the primary abuser of this child. He was the clear torturer of his child for years."

  • Prince Harry and William share new tributes to Philip – 'he was unapologetically him'

Days before his trial, McClean pleaded guilty to murder, rape, kidnapping and child endangerment.

His girlfriend Amanda Hinze and her sister Jennifer Elbert, who lived with the couple and the 10-year-old boy, both pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment.

Takoda's mum Robin Collins said: “I wish I would have just gone down there and kidnapped him, to be honest. Because that was the only option I had was to go to jail and take him from his father.

To keep up to date with all the latest news stories, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

She lost custody of Takoda after drug addictions in 2013.

Child services had failed to remove Takoda from the home following reports of abuse.

A welfare check was made in May 2018 after a worker at Dayton Public School called 911, but the welfare report stated that officers never made it into Takoda's home after no one answered the door.

  • Horrified mum hears chilling man’s voice on hacked baby monitor saying child is ‘cute’

McClean had made the decision to homeschool Takoda and had filed paperwork to ensure he wouldn't go back to school.

Social services have removed a three-year-old from McClean's home following Takoda's tragic death.

Sentencing in court is expected later this month.

If you have been affected by issues of domestic violence or coercive control you can call Refuge's 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free. The number is 0808 2000 247.

  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article