Government bans release of secret UFO dossier for another 50 years leaving experts furious
UFO experts hit out when it emerged a dossier into Britain’s most significant sighting is to be kept secret for another 50 years.
The file is said to contain astonishing colour photographs of a 100ft craft hovering over the village of Calvine in the Scottish Highlands in 1990.
A 30-year rule meant it was due to be declassified on January 1 — but the Ministry of Defence has now blocked release until 2072 without explanation.
Photographs were taken by two Perthshire hikers who watched the “diamond-shaped metallic craft” for ten minutes before it shot up vertically out of sight.
They also claimed to see military jets fly a series of low-level passes.
Evidence collected and held on to by officials included the hikers’ six colour snaps.
A redacted version of the file has been released, including just a blurred photocopied image.
UFO investigator Nick Pope helped colourise the image, seen above.
Last night, Mr Pope said: “Despite an extensive investigation, we never found a definitive explanation for what was seen at Calvine.”
A UFO hunter added: “This is all so frustrating. The Calvine Incident is one of the most intriguing of all the UFO mysteries from that period.
“Under the 30-year rule, the file should have been released on January 1 2021, but if the ministry get their way it won’t be released until January 1 2072 — an 82-year closure.
“By the time the world gets to see the file, the two witnesses will be dead. It is crazy. What are the authorities trying to hide?”
The redacted file also omitted the names and contact details of the hikers.
Those who believe the “truth is out there” slogan of TV show The X Files are furious that, without access to those who reported the sightings, it remains impossible to get the full story.
A complaint lodged under the Freedom of Information Act about the National Archives withholding the documents is now under investigation by the UK information watchdog, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The National Archives refused to comment further. The MOD refused to comment at all.
By Nick Pope, ex-MOD UFO investigator
TESTS showed the photos hadn’t been faked. They showed a structured craft of unknown origin, unlike any conventional aircraft.
There was no fuselage, no wings, no tail, no engines and no markings of any sort.
Because the photos had been taken in daylight with the surrounding countryside visible, Ministry of Defence boffins could make some calculations about the mystery object’s size.
It turned out to be nearly 100 feet in diameter.
An enlargement of the photos revealed two military jets.
It wasn’t clear if they were escorting the UFO, trying to intercept it, or just there by coincidence.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article