Halifax, Lloyds and NatWest to shut 80 branches – check if your bank is closing
In another blow for the high street, banking giants Halifax, Lloyds and NatWest are set to close 80 branches.
From June, all the banks will be making multiple closures across the UK with Lloyds closing 26 branches, Halifax shutting nine and NatWest emptying 40 of its branches.
The Bank of Scotland will also close four with the Royal Bank of Scotland shutting two.
READ MORE: 'Several dead' and many injured after two US military helicopters collide in mid-air
The Mirror reports that the last of this group of branches will shut its doors in November, with major cities such as London, Cardiff, and Edinburgh affected.
But the move is more likely to bite harder in smaller towns and villages, where in some cases, locals could see their only banking branch shut.
To mediate this, Lloyds Banking Group says it will be introducing six "Community Bankers" to provide banking support in local communities.
Bank closures have become the norm over the last few years as more people choose to do their banking online rather than in a branch.
Lloyds Banking Group, which owns Halifax as well as Lloyds, has already announced a raft of closures in January of this year.
The group announced that 40 branches would be lost between April and June of this year which included 18 Halifax sites and 22 Lloyds branches.
Just this week, Barclays announced the closure of 14 branches across England and Wales.
The news of further closures will be disappointing news for those who depend on the face to face banking support from physical branches.
Full list of banks closing:
- Lloyds Benton July 17
- Lloyds Peterborough July 17
- Lloyds Fulwell July 20
- Lloyds Chapeltown July 24
- Lloyds London July 25
- Lloyds Carlton July 26
- Lloyds Cambridge July 31
- Lloyds Shepton Mallet July 31
- Lloyds Hazel Grove August 1
- Lloyds London August 1
- Lloyds London August 2
- Lloyds Tumble August 3
- Lloyds Eckington August 9
- Lloyds New Mills August 17
- Lloyds Corringham August 21
- Lloyds Wotton-Under-Edge August 23
- Lloyds Downham Market September 4
- Lloyds Shirebrook September 4
- Lloyds Sidmouth September 5
- Lloyds Porthcawl September 7
- Lloyds Withernsea September 12
- Lloyds Wellington September 13
- Lloyds Newcastle upon Tyne September 14
- Lloyds East Horsley September 18
- Lloyds Ystradgynlais September 19
- Lloyds Doncaster September 20
- Halifax Catford July 18
- Halifax Bristol July 19
- Halifax Tadcaster August 22
- Halifax Denton August 30
- Halifax Otley September 5
- Halifax Newton Aycliffe September 6
- Halifax Porthcawl September 7
- Halifax Newmarket September 11
- Halifax Mirfield September 21
- NatWest Ashton-in-Makerfield June 27
- NatWest Rothwell June 28
- NatWest Tilehurst June 28
- NatWest Bletchley June 29
- NatWest Bristol July 4
- NatWest Croydon July 4
- NatWest Deal July 5
- NatWest London July 5
- NatWest Romford July 6
- NatWest Heald Green July 11
- NatWest Hull July 11
- NatWest Isleworth July 12
- NatWest Knowle July 12
- NatWest London July 13
- NatWest New Malden July 13
- NatWest Cardiff July 18
- NatWest Croydon July 19
- NatWest Street July 19
- NatWest Aldridge July 20
- NatWest Whitley Bay July 20
- NatWest Dorking July 25
- NatWest March July 25
- NatWest Peterborough July 26
- NatWest Tamworth July 27
- NatWest Blandford Forum August 1
- NatWest Wymondham August 1
- NatWest Knutsford August 2
- NatWest Runcorn August 2
- NatWest Stony Stratford August 3
- NatWest Bournemouth August 8
- NatWest Westbury on Trym August 8
- NatWest Brighouse August 9
- NatWest Fakenham August 10
- NatWest Ryde August 10
- NatWest Hertford August 15
- NatWest Brighton August 16
- NatWest Christchurch August 16
- NatWest London August 17
- NatWest Fulwood August 17
- NatWest Stratford November 30
Bank of Scotland:
- BoS Bearsden July 25
- BoS Edinburgh July 26
- BoS Pollokshields July 27
- BoS Cults August 14
Royal Bank of Scotland
- RBS Tranent July 27
- RBS Johnstone August 15
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Putin's warlord pal given human rights award despite slate of horrific war crimes
Female Russian Army doctors in Ukraine 'forced to become sex slaves for soldiers'
Desperate Putin removes upper age limit for Ukraine conscripts as forces decimated
Source: Read Full Article