Meghan Markle and Prince Harry fill kids' backpacks with supplies in new video of first charity outing since lockdown
MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry have been recorded waving to fans and filling kids' backpacks with supplies during their first charity outing since lockdown began.
The royal couple wore face masks as they distributed supplies, clothes and nappies at an LA drive-through run by charity Baby2Baby.
⚠️ Read our Meghan and Harry blog for the latest news on the Royal couple.
The organisation provides basic necessities for families in need.
Now a new video released by the charity on Instagram shows the relaxed pair handing supplies to people in cars queuing at Dr Owen Lloyd Knox Elementary School in South LA on Wednesday.
Meghan, 39, wore khaki shorts with a white shirt and trainers, while Harry, 35, topped his look off with a baseball cap during the back-to-school event.
In a possible nod to her royal status, Meghan also wore a $15 face mask made by New York-based company Royal Jelly Harlem.
Sharing the clip online, the charity posted: "We were thrilled to have The Duke and Duchess of Sussex join our team last week for a back to school distribution, spending time with students returning to remote learning due to Covid-19.
"Thank you for putting smiles on the faces of the children and families we serve and helping us provide the supplies, basic hygiene and clothing every child deserves."
The couple have made a number of virtual appearances during the coronavirus pandemic – but the occasion marked their first in-person engagement since March.
It was also their first charity appearance since moving to California earlier this year.
They currently live in a $14million Santa Barbara mansion after moving out of an $18m property owned by Tyler Perry.
The couple had been house-hunting for some time after relocating to the US from Canada just before the coronavirus lockdown.
It was today reported that Meghan and Harry are set to be offered a million-pound mega deal to record podcasts on their luxury lifestyle for music streaming giant Spotify.
And it's understood they plan to spend next summer in the UK.
It comes as Prince Harry said only coronavirus has stopped him from returning home to the UK sooner.
He said: "I definitely plan on coming back.
"I would have been back already had it not been for Covid."
Source: Read Full Article