Monster mum’s ‘catastrophic’ attack on 2-month-old causes permanent brain damage

A monster mum caused "catastrophic injuries" to her two-month-old daughter that left her permanently brain damaged after a sickening assault.

Sarah Ngaba unleashed the terrifying attack and didn't seek any medical help for two hours while the baby lay limp, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said.

Ngaba, of Telford, Shropshire, was jailed at Stafford Crown Court after being convicted of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

The 27-year-old "repeatedly lied" during the police investigation, prosecutors confirmed in court.

Ngaba initially gave doctors the impression that she did not know why her baby was "floppy and unresponsive" when she took her to hospital on November 13, 2019.

But medics discovered serious injuries consistent with a severe assault.

Just before the police interview, she admitted hitting the child, but said she did not intend to injure her.

Prosecutors argued the nature and severity of the baby's injuries indicated Ngaba had intended to cause serious harm.

They said she had inflicted "life-threatening and life-limiting injuries" on the tragic tot and did not call an ambulance.

She was found guilty at the same court last November.

Warren Stanier, of the CPS, said: "By her actions, Sarah Ngaba has permanently destroyed the quality of her baby's life.

"Her baby was left with severe disability and will be entirely dependent on others for the rest of her life."

He said the defendant had "changed her account many times", including trying to blame the baby's father who was not present at the time of the assault.

Detective Inspector Jo Whitehead, of West Mercia Police, said: "This is a significant custodial sentence for such an incredibly distressing case.

"Ngaba displayed the total opposite behaviour to that which would be expected of a caring mother.

"Her horrific actions have resulted in her daughter's future quality of life sadly being permanently diminished."

Source: Read Full Article