Mum's horror as 'smiling & happy' baby girl drowns in bath after toy gets stuck in plughole | The Sun

A MUM has told of her heartbreak after her "smiling and happy" baby girl drowned in a bath when a toy got stuck in a plughole.

Sara Moosa was just 10 months old when she tragically died while bathing with her two brothers.

The tot drowned in just five inches of water after a toy got lodged over the plug hole, causing the bath to fill.

LeicestershireLive reported an inquest at heard how Sara's mum had popped her in the bath with her brothers, who are twins, and had the tap running without the plug in while she bathed them.

One of the boy's asked for his shark toy and the mum went to grab it, but when she returned wee Sara was lying on her side in the bath.

The baby's face was under the water.

Read more on UK news

Influencer arrested after joining search for missing mum-of-two Nicola

Family pay tribute to ‘kind and loving’ boy, 16, beaten to death as teen held

In a statement, Sara's family said she was being remembered as a "smiling and happy" little girl.

She was pronounced dead at Leicester Royal Infirmary on August 14 last year and a post mortem said the tot had died from drowning.

Coroner Isobel Thistlethwaite told the Leicester Town Hall: "Sara and her two siblings were in the bath with the water running but no plug in.

"One sibling requested a toy. The mother returned and she noticed another toy had blocked the plug hole.

Most read in The Sun


Love Island's Kaz jailed in Dubai after clip emerged of her snorting substance


Kerry Katona shows off incredible figure in black lingerie for OnlyFans


Nicola's family say menopause battle 'caused this crisis' after cop claims


Jodie Marsh poses for OnlyFans – but that’s not what fans are talking about

"The two siblings were standing up and Sara was on her side, under the water."

The family frantically called 999 and, following the instructions of the ambulance operator, tried to perform CPR to get Sara's heart beating again.

Paramedics raced to the scene and found Sara downstairs on the kitchen counter, where her family was performing CPR.

They took over, continuing to try resuscitate her on the way to the hospital, but sadly she could not be saved.

Miss Thistlethwaite recorded a conclusion of accidental death. She said: "No concerns were raised by the police following an inspection of the scene."

Source: Read Full Article