New Orleans hit by bloodiest weekend in TEN YEARS after at least six killed and 12 hurt including 14-year-old
NEW Orleans has been hit by its bloodiest weekend in 10 years after at least six people were killed and 12 wounded.
The Louisiana city was described a "war zone" by one local after a "high call volume" to cops from Friday to Monday morning.
One victim was named as Kenneth Faggin, 63, who was gunned down in the middle of the day on Friday.
Two miles away a woman was shot dead that same day, Nola.com reports.
Records obtained by the outlet show the police were called to the most shooting incidents in the last decade, tied with April and May last year.
A 14-year-old was wounded in a separate incident.
READ MORE SUN STORIES
Famed New Orleans performer who kept her age a secret dies as tributes pour in
Gunman in GAS MASK leaves 13 hurt in NYC subway attack as explosives found
By Saturday there were two more people had been killed.
Former Orleans Parish School Board member Leslie Ellison said: "It’s like a war-zone experience.
"It's devastating. It hurts families on both sides. Whether you are on the victim’s side or the perpetrator’s side — it hurts both sides.”
She said many of the killings were "street revenge", calling it a "circle" of violence.
Terence and Barbara Curren were visiting the city with their grandkids when gunfire broke out.
Terence Curren told Fox8: "I was just praying that no bullets came into houses."
Most read in The Sun
BURSTING HARRY'S BUBBLE
Queen takes on Harry and Meghan by green lighting rival book
BURSTING HARRY'S BUBBLE
Britney Spears, 40, reveals she’s PREGNANT with her third child
Ashley Cole ‘tied up with cable ties’ as gang threatened to ‘cut fingers off’
Little Mix can't resist dig at ex-pal Jesy Nelson as they kick off new tour
He added: "You always hear about people who are just sitting, you know, the kid gets killed sitting in the house or something.
"I would never bring kids here again."
Data from the Metropolitan Crime Commission also shows shootings are up 8 per cent since 2021.
NOPD spokesman Aaron Looney said: "We're actively investigating these shooting incidents and working very hard to find those responsible and bring them to justice."
Last month, a least six people died and seven more were injured in a violent killing spree across the city.
A 73-year-old died after she was thrown from her car by four teens who dragged her until her arm was severed.
Read More on The US Sun
Chilling footage of subway shooting shows bloodied passengers on floor
Optical illusion uses simple trick on viewer – how many triangles can you spot?
Linda Frickey died after she was dragged by her own 2021 Nissan Kicks car as teens tried to take off with the vehicle.
A 14-year-old boy also died after he was found with several gunshot wounds.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article