‘Pregnant’ bride falls off cliff while on honeymoon

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A woman who tragically died after falling off a cliff was allegedly pregnant and on her honeymoon having just celebrated her wedding reception with friends and family.

Fawziyah Javed, 31, is understood to have suffered a fatal fall from a cliff from Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh at around 9pm on Thursday.

Emergency services reportedly rushed to the scene but the woman, from West Yorkshire, died, the Daily Record reports.

A source said how the young lady, who worked at Lyons Davidson Solicitors in Leeds, had heavy involvement in charity work before getting married last year.

The newlywed is understood to have celebrated her wedding reception in West Yorkshire on Sunday before heading up to Scotland at the start of the week.

The source also claimed that Fawziyah was in the early stages of a pregnancy before her tragic death.

Police officers were spotted searching a property in in Pudsey, West Yorkshire, on Friday afternoon, which they say could be connected to her fall.

It has been confirmed that a 27-year-old man has been arrested as part of their investigation.

Never want to miss a story like this? You can get all of Daily Star's articles sent directly to your inbox! Sign up in seconds here!

A force spokesperson said: “We received a report that a woman had fallen from Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh, around 9pm on Thursday, 2 September.

"Emergency services attended including the fire service and ambulance.

"The 31-year-old woman died at the scene a short time later and her death is being treated as suspicious.

"A 27-year-old man has been arrested and enquiries are ongoing."

In other tragic news, a hero dad performed a "final act of love" as he died rescuing his disabled daughter after she lost control of her mobility scooter and fell into a canal.

Lawrence Casey, 86, dove into Bude Canal in north Cornwall to rescue his stricken daughter Jessica after she fell into the water on Wednesday, September 1.

Emergency services confirmed following the incident that she had been pulled from the water by members of the public and taken to hospital by land ambulance, but that Mr Casey tragically died at the scene of his heroic rescue.

His family have now praised members of the public who went to help during the incident on Wednesday afternoon.

  • In the News

Source: Read Full Article