‘Shooter who killed Fort Hood soldier and Army vet’ is arrested months after bloody rampage

THE gunman who allegedly killed a Fort Hood soldier and an army veteran in a bloody rampage has been arrested.

Barnard Lnell Morrow, 21, was taken into custody on Friday in Mississippi after the bodies of soldier Freddy Delacruz, 23, army veteran Shaquan Markell Allred, 23 and Asia Cline, 22 were discovered in an apartment.

Delacruz was stationed at Fort Hood, near Killeen.

He is one of many soldiers to be killed at or near the Texas base this year in a terrifying string of events.

Officers discovered the bodies on March 14 after reports of gunfire.

Upon arrival, they didn't find anything, but returned an hour later about another call over leaking water from an apartment, according to Killeen police.

When officers discovered what they believed was the source of the leak, they entered through an unlocked door and found the three bodies.

It's unknown whether the water was linked to the deaths.

Latrece Johnson, Delacruz’s mother was overcome with emotions when she was given news of the arrest, claiming she felt happy, sad and angry but largely relieved.


“The department wishes to express its condolences to the family and friends of the victims of this tragedy,” Killeen Police Chief Charles Kimble said in a statement.

Morrow, 21, is being held at the Lauderdale County Jail and is expected to be extradited to Bell County in Texas.

Killeen has nearly 150,000 residents and is located just outside the gates of Fort Hood in central Texas.

In the same week a Fort Hood soldier was found hanging from a tree after he was "humiliated after reporting sexual abuse", according to a family attorney.

Elder Fernandes, 23, was found hanged on Tuesday – more than a week after he disappeared in Texas, the Army said.

Before his disappearance, the Army revealed that Fernandes had reported alleged sexual harassment and it was being investigated.

As Fernandes became the 12th Fort Hood soldier to turn up dead this year, his family attorney, Natalie Kwam, alleged that he struggled after reporting he was inappropriately touched by a male superior in May.

The mutilated remains of another soldier, Vanessa Guillen, 20, were found in July this year.


She was last seen at the military base on April 22 — the day investigators say US Army Specialist Aaron Robinson hit her in the head with a hammer.

Federal prosecutors have said Guillen’s body was burned before it was placed in three different holes near the Leon River in Bell County, roughly 20 miles east of the base, after she was bludgeoned to death.

As cops closed in earlier this month on Robinson, who is said to have conspired his 22-year-old girlfriend Cecily Aguilar to hide the body, he killed himself.

The base has been the center of tragedy before, when Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan murdered 13 people and injured 32 others in a mass shooting in 2009.

In 2014, Iraq war veteran SPC Ivan Lopez opened fire on the base, killing three soldiers and injuring 16 before turning the gun on himself.

Hasan was convicted in 2013 of 13 counts of murder and 32 counts of attempted murder and sentenced to death.

Source: Read Full Article