Suit alleges horrific abuse of fourth-grader at NYC private school in the 1960s

More On:

Child Victims Act

NYC man sues over alleged foster-care sex abuse that started when he was 4

Ex-NYC councilman and retired priest accused of sexually assaulting boy

NYC doctor sexually abused 11-year-old hospitalized for anorexia: suit

Boys’ Club of NY staffers sexually abused child in ’70s: Manhattan lawsuit

Two students at a Manhattan private school for boys in the 1960s sexually abused a fourth-grader so brutally that his teeth were knocked out and he lost consciousness, new court papers allege.

The plaintiff — whose name is being withheld — filed a negligence suit in Manhattan Supreme Court on Friday against the Allen-Stevenson School for Boys for allegedly failing to protect him.

“[H]e should have been supervised, monitored and protected by the adults charged with keeping him safe,” the court documents say.

“Plaintiff’s life was forever changed as a result of the defendants’ negligent conduct described herein,” the suit charges.

The plaintiff — who now lives in Connecticut — attended the Upper East Side elementary school from 1963 through 1969 and “was often picked on a lot and was frequently bullied,” the court papers say.

Then when he was in the fourth grade, around 1966, a group of students “dragged him into a room on the premises where they brutally beat him even knocking out his teeth,” the court documents claim.

Then they “pushed his head into a fish tank and took turns sexually abusing and assaulting him … until plaintiff passed out,” the filing alleges.

The boy woke up in the nurse’s station, and his wet clothes had been cleaned and returned to him, the suit says.

“Despite plaintiff’s condition, no further action was taken on [his] behalf,” the court documents claim.

The traumatic events left a lasting mark on the man, who was “prevented from obtaining the full enjoyment of life,” the court papers say.

He has had to spend money seeking psychological treatment and therapy, the suit says.

The man was able to file his case under the New York Child Victims’ Act look-back window, which allows people claiming childhood abuse to file suit despite how old their allegations are. The look-back window is set to expire Aug. 14.

A spokesman for the school did not return a request for comment.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article