The Twitter executives fired after Elon Musk's takeover
Photo:Elon Musk/AFP via Getty Image
At least four Twitter executives are leaving after new owner Elon Musk closed the deal on Thursday, according to multiple media reports.
Why it matters: Musk has the keys to one of the most popular social networks for news and information — and can reshape its leadership to his liking.
Among the Twitter executives fired on Thursday:
- Parag Agrawal became the CEO as the company tried shifting from an ad-based social network focused on text to a subscription-based platform centered on smaller communities and multimedia. He has vested 100% of his equity awards in the sale and will make around $42 million, Reuters reports.
- Vijaya Gadde: Gadde was put in charge of major user account decisions by the prior CEO Jack Dorsey. She was behind the decision to permanently ban former President Trump from Twitter.
- Others no longer working for Twitter: Sean Edgett, general counsel, and CFO Ned Segal.
Between the lines:
- Former President Trump’s Twitter account remains suspended as of Friday afternoon. Following Elon Musk's completed takeover, Trump said that "Twitter is now in sane hands"
- On Friday, Elon Musk said that Twitter restored the account of Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, before Musk's official takeover of the social media company.
Source: Read Full Article