Thug who set fire to ex-model’s face loses early release bid

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

An evil thug who set a woman’s face on fire at her doorstep will stay in prison after a campaign by his victim.

Brave former model Anne Crossan, scarred for life in the horrific attack, had written to the Parole Board demanding that they keep Stewart Watson locked up after he tried to get released early.

He was jailed for eight years after throwing lighter fluid in Anne’s face and setting it on fire at her home in West Lothian.

Watson planned the horrific attack in revenge after Anne warned a friend who was dating him that he was a drug abuser, the Daily Record reports.

Last night Anne said she was grateful that her plea had been listened to as she would not feel safe if he were free, and she believes he will always remain a danger.

  • Mystery as police searching for pregnant student find man's body instead

Her letter to the board opened with Watson’s threat to her: “I’m going to murder you, you fat cow.”

In a letter dated October 28, Anne was told: “The board had before it your representations when it considered the case.

“The board agreed not to recommend release on licence at this time.”

The letter added that the next review was expected to take place in October next year.

Anne said yesterday: “I know he will be free again one day, but what he did was so evil that I want him to serve as long as possible in jail. I think after the pain and terror I went through, I deserve as much peace as possible before I have to worry about him being out again.”

  • Mystery as police searching for pregnant student find man's body instead

Watson was convicted at the High Court in Livingston in July 2016 of attempting to murder Anne on September 4, 2015.

He was sentenced a month later to eight-and-a-half years for the attack.

Watson, now 42, had threatened to kill Anne after she told her friend, a woman he was dating, during a phone call that he had been tested recently for HIV and for hepatitis B and C because of drug use.

Anne wanted to make sure her friend knew about his health concerns so she could keep herself safe.

  • Man throws poo, bottles of urine and Pot Noodles outside his window for a year

Suddenly, his voice was on the line, snarling and threatening her. Two months later, Anne had run herself a bath in her home when he knocked at her door.

Anne opened it, had lighter fluid thrown over her face and seconds later found herself on fire.

She said: “I was screaming in pain and shock. He swore at me and turned and walked away.

“I ran inside screaming and plunged my head, which was ablaze, into the bath. Thank God the bath was full or I might have been dead.

“My hair was coming out in clumps, all over the floor and coffee table, as I dialled 999. I was in agony and in a state of total fear and panic.”

Anne has had many gruelling treatments to endure and has moved away from the area for her safety. She said: “I don’t want to live in fear that he will come looking to finish the job.”

The Parole Board for Scotland said it never comments on individual cases.

  • Fire
  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article