William and Kate can't move on from rift until Harry and Meghan 'acknowledge pain they've caused', insider claims | The Sun

PRINCE William and Kate Middleton cannot move on from their rift until Prince Harry and Meghan Markle acknowledge the pain they caused, an insider claimed. 

The Prince and Princess of Wales feel that the Duke of Duchess of Sussex's Oprah interview “crossed a line” and that "someone should acknowledge the motives behind it", the source added.


They told the Telegraph: “They feel they’ve had to be steely to send a message that you cannot just say this hugely upsetting stuff without there being consequences.”

It comes after Harry and Meghan were seemingly uninvited from a state reception hosted by King Charles at Buckingham Palace.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to have received an invitation earlier this week for the grand event at Buckingham Palace.

The gathering, which will see foreign VIPs meet on the eve of Her Majesty's funeral, is set to be the largest of world leaders in modern history.

READ MORE ON THE QUEEN

Man tackled to floor after trying to pull flag from Queen’s coffin

Harry and Meg ‘uninvited to state reception’ hosted by Charles at Palace

But Palace officials have insisted it is for working royals only – and aides insist Meghan and Harry are unlikely to attend, The Telegraph reports.

Today Prince Harry will also wear his military uniform tonight for a vigil at the Queen's coffin.

He had originally been banned from wearing it because he is no longer a working royal.

There have been hopes that brothers William and Harry could reconcile after they appeared united in grief over the Queen's death.

Most read in The Sun

SHAMEFUL

Man tackled to floor after trying to pull flag from Queen's coffin

MAIL MYSTERY

People are just realising what the GR & other symbols on postboxes mean

HORROR RAMPAGE

Moment man fights cops after stabbing 2 – before hero throws BIKE at him

FINAL CALL

'Frantic phone call followed by silence' – how Charles learned Queen was dying

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex joined the new Prince and Princess of Wales and other members of the Royal Family for an intimate gathering at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday evening.

The family affair was understood to be small and private to receive the Queen's coffin before it was taken to Westminster Hall to lie in state.

Prince William also invited Harry and Meghan to a greet mourners at Windsor Castle last week.

The brothers put aside their differences as the four inspected flowers.

A royal source said: “It was an important show of unity for the Queen.”

William’s olive branch was delivered, and accepted, less than an hour before the “Fab Four” gathered outside Windsor Castle.

Only William and Kate — newly appointed Prince and Princess of Wales — were expected to meet the public from 4.30pm.

But the walkabout was delayed until 5.15pm to include Harry and Meghan.

The brothers had barely spoken for 2½ years after the Sussexes left for the US.

Read More on The Sun

Mike Tindall was told off for breaking silence during the Queen’s procession

Tearful Becks says ‘we’ll never see her like again’ after seeing Queen’s coffin

And it was the first time the couples have been seen in public as a foursome since Commonwealth Day in March 2020.

But royal experts claimed the truce is likely to be short-lived unless there is a major shift in attitudes.

Source: Read Full Article