Real Madrid vs Valladolid: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news for La Liga – The Sun

REAL MADRID host Valladolid as they look to make it two wins from two in La Liga.

Zinedine Zidane's side kicked off their campaign with a comprehensive 3-1 win at Celta Vigo, but the visitors will be buoyed by their own winning start against Betis.

After Barcelona slipped up on opening weekend, Zidane will be keen for another three points as Los Blancos look to forget a difficult summer.

What time is kick-off?

THIS La Liga clash is set for TONIGHT, August 24.

Kick-off is at 6pm BST.

When Valladolid came here last season, Real cruised to a 2-0 victory.

If the visitors can take the three points, it would be their first win at the Bernabeu since 2000.

Which TV channel and live stream can I watch Real Madrid vs Valladolid on?

SADLY this game isn't being shown live on TV in the UK.

Currently there is no lead broadcaster for La Liga matches on these shores after Eleven Sports gave up the rights last season.

ITV are showing one Spanish top-flight game a week up until the international break.

This week features coverage of Barcelona's clash against Real Betis at 8pm on Sunday, August 25.

What is the team news?

Source: Read Full Article

Stephanie Frappart first woman to officiate UEFA Super Cup

The 35-year-old French referee to take charge of Liverpool v Chelsea clash in Istanbul on August 14.

    France’s Stephanie Frappart will become the first female official to take charge of a major UEFA competition match when Liverpool face Chelsea in the Super Cup in Istanbul on August 14, European football’s governing body has said.

    The 35-year-old officiated the women’s World Cup final last month, which saw the United States beat the Netherlands.

    She was the first female referee to officiate a French Ligue 1 match when she took charge of Amiens against Strasbourg in April and also became the first woman to be named in the pool of referees in France’s top league for next season.

    “The potential for women’s football has no limits and I am delighted that Stephanie Frappart has been appointed to officiate at this year’s UEFA Super Cup,” UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin said in a statement on Friday.

    “I hope the skill and devotion that Stephanie has shown throughout her career to reach this level will provide inspiration to millions of girls and women around Europe and show them there should be no barriers in order to reach one’s dream.”

    UEFA Chief Refereeing Officer Roberto Rosetti said Frappart “fully deserves” the opportunity to officiate the Super Cup, an annual match played between the winners of the Champions League and the Europa League.

    Frappart’s assistants from the World Cup final in Lyon – Manuela Nicolosi and Michelle O’Neal – will be on the team of officials for the Super Cup.

    Switzerland’s Nicole Petignat was the first female referee to officiate in UEFA matches when she was put in charge of three UEFA Cup qualifying round games between 2004 and 2009.

    Source: Read Full Article

    Man Utd brutally troll Chelsea in reminder of opening-day 4-0 battering – The Sun

    MANCHESTER UNITED have cheekily trolled Chelsea with a reminder of their opening-day battering of the Blues.

    In Frank Lampard's first game since returning to the club as manager, he watched on as Marcus Rashford scored twice, with Anthony Martial and Dan James also netting.


    Today, Manchester United are back at Old Trafford as they welcome Crystal Palace for their third Prem game of the season.

    The club's Twitter account tweeted out: "Sunny Saturday afternoons at Old Trafford. Talk to us, Reds: how are you feeling?"

    But instead of adding the hash-tag "MUNCRY" they put "MUNCHE".

    That of course would be Manchester United vs Chelsea.

    But to cleverly correct themselves, the club then posted a quick response.

    They wrote: "*#MUNCRY. Wish we were playing Chelsea again, though…"

    RIVALRY RENEWED

    United take on Palace as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to make it seven points from their first three games.

    Paul Pogba was talk of the town and not for the right reasons after the Red Devils were held to a 1-1 draw at Wolves.

    The Frenchman stepped up to take a penalty with the scores level, and missed, after Rashford had netted from the spot the previous week.

    And the United squad are now believed to have demanded that Rashford is returned to spot kick duties.

    Crystal Palace meanwhile have yet to score a goal this season, drawing 0-0 at home to Everton and losing 1-0 at Sheffield United.

    All eyes for Eagles fans will be on the performance of talisman Wilfried Zaha after he handed in a transfer request but failed to gain a summer move.

    Fascinatingly, Zaha will go up against his old Palace team-mate, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, after the latter's £50m move this summer.

    Source: Read Full Article

    How do I watch Premier Sports FREE, and what sport is on the channel today? – The Sun

    PREMIER SPORTS has a mouthwatering sport offering today.

    The paid-for channel can be found online and on TV – and here is all you need to know to watch it.

    How do you watch Premier Sports and how much does it cost?

    Premier Sports is available through your TV for both Sky and Virgin customers.

    The channel costs £11.99 a month for new customers (HD version is only available on Sky but you need a Sky HD box).

    The channel is currently only available for residents in the UK and Northern Ireland.

    It is on Sky chanel 412 in HD and 866 in SD.

    For Virgin it is channel 551.

    Can Premier Sports be live streamed?

    If you are not a Sky Sports or Virgin can watch Premier Sports online in HD on Premier Player.

    What events does Premier Sports show?

    As of August 2019, Premier Sports has the rights to Serie A and Scotland's Rugby World Cup warm-ups.

    Which matches are on Premier Sports this weekend?

    Premier Sports 1

    Parma vs Juventus (5.10pm)

    Fiorentina vs Napoli (7.45pm)

    Premier Sports 2

    Scotland vs France (1.10pm)

    Source: Read Full Article

    Wan-Bissaka earned his first-team chance by stopping Zaha in Palace training… now he must do it again for Man Utd – The Sun

    IT will be just like old times out there.

    Aaron Wan-Bissaka, the boy who made the breakthrough at Crystal Palace by clamping himself to Wilfried Zaha in training, has to keep him quiet at Old Trafford.

    They are in different colours these days, with Wan-Bissaka wearing the Manchester United jersey after sealing a £50million move in the summer.

    It is shaping up to be a classic confrontation.

    Some of the men who helped to mould their careers, the likes of former Palace manager Alan Pardew and first-team coach Kevin Keen, are convinced they are two of the best players in the Premier League.

    Pardew said: “Wilf is a top player and he really should be playing for a top four club — he’s earned that right.

    “The narrative is fascinating because Wilf and Aaron know each other so well and they are very similar characters.

    “We were never quite sure what Aaron would be because he was so young when I was at Palace. He could be a bit moody, a quiet boy, but Kevin thought that he had all the attributes to be a right-back.

    Source: Read Full Article

    The Reluctant Golfer, Episode 10

    When it comes to golf, A.J. Eathorne is one of the biggest names to ever come out of the Okanagan.

    Eathorne spent 10 years on the LPGA Tour, so the Reluctant Golfer fired a lot of questions her way.

    Questions like: What are the key things I want to think about when I’m trying to hit the ball out of the tee box?

    “Ideally,” said Eathorne, “you want balance and you really want target focus.”

    Eathorne said she turned pro after college, then played in a mini tour that was then called the Futures Tour.

    “I went to [qualifying] school for the LPGA and finished tied for first,” said Eathorne, “and then spent 10 years on the LPGA Tour, just travelling around the world, enjoying life.”

    Notably, Eathorne has been using the same putter since 1999.

    “Ten years as a professional golfer,” stated the Reluctant Golfer. “Sum it up for me.”

    “It was amazing,” Eathorne replied, “it was amazing.”

    After closely analyzing The Reluctant Golfer’s swing, Eathorne’s professional advice for me was simple.

    “Tennis is a great sport,” she said, adding “lawn bowling, fishing . . . rowing, maybe something like that.”

    Related

    The Reluctant Golfer: Episode 6

    The Reluctant Golfer: Episode 5

    The Reluctant Golfer: Episode 4

    Source: Read Full Article

    Conor McGregor apologizes for punching man in Dublin bar

    UFC star Conor McGregor told ESPN on Thursday he “was in the wrong” when he punched an older man inside a Dublin bar in April.

    McGregor spoke one week after a video obtained by TMZ showed him twice putting a glass in front of the older man, purportedly to pour McGregor’s whiskey brand. The man twice moves the glass away before the former UFC champ shoots out his left fist to hit him in the face.

    “I was in the wrong,” McGregor told ESPN. “That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without having it end the way it did. … I tried to make amends and I made amends back then. But it doesn’t matter. I was in the wrong. I must come here before you and take accountability and take responsibility.”

    The video then showed two other men restraining McGregor and pushing the Irishman out of the frame of the video, which did not include audio.

    McGregor said he owed it to his supporters to apologize for his behaviour.

    “I owe it to my mother, my father, my family,” he said. “I owe it to the people who trained me in martial arts. That’s not who I am. That’s not the reason why I got into martial arts or studying combat sports. The reason I got into it was to defend against that type of scenario.”

    TMZ reported that police began an investigation in April when the Irish Mirror reported there was a verbal exchange before the punch. A police spokesman told ESPN an investigation was ongoing and no arrests had been made.

    “Whatever comes my way, I will face it,” McGregor said. “Whatever comes my way, I deserve it. I will face this head on. I will not hide from it. I was in the wrong. It was completely unacceptable behaviour for a man in my position.”

    McGregor has been involved in other recent altercations, including being arrested on March 11 for allegedly stealing and smashing a man’s phone outside a Miami Beach hotel. Charges were dropped.

    Video showed him last year throwing objects at a bus at the Barclays Center in New York, and he subsequently was sued by MMA fighter Michael Chiesa. McGregor accepted a plea deal in the incident and agreed to serve five days of community service.

    –Field Level Media

    Source: Read Full Article

    Leroy Sane confident of playing for Man City this season after successful op on knee injury – The Sun

    LEROY SANE is optimistic over playing this season after his knee op.

    The Manchester City forward, 23, is refusing to set a timeframe on a recovery but surgery on his damaged anterior-cruciate ligament is understood to have been successful.

    Sane went under the knife this week in Austria rather than City’s favoured surgeon Dr. Ramon Cugat in Barcelona.

    He went with Professor Christian Fink on the recommendation of his Germany international team-mates.

    Austria is now seen as one of the best places for ACL treatment after building a good reputation in snowboarding and skiing, where the injury is common.

    Sane’s decision was a personal choice and not linked to Bayern Munich chasing him this summer before injury struck.

    City slapped a £135million price-tag on Sane before he was crocked in the Community Shield win over Liverpool.

    Pep Guardiola expected to be without Sane for “six or seven” months after the injury.

    And the City forward has taken encouragement from the progress of Chelsea duo Ruben Loftus-Cheek who has made progress after a similar injury.

    Meanwhile, Pep will also be without John Stones for this weekend's trip to Bournemouth, but Oleksandr Zinchenko has come through his own injury scare.

    The Spaniard said: "No. Stones is not fit for next weekend. We will see [for next weekend].”

    “[Zinchenko] is fit. It was cramp. He trained perfectly. It was a demanding game against Tottenham.”

    Source: Read Full Article

    Bury Football League exit – League One relegation and League Two promotion explained if club are expelled – The Sun

    BURY face their day of destiny with the EFL as they need to come up with proof they can play the whole season or they will be thrown out of the league.

    The 134-year-old club have until 11.59pm tonight to show they have funds in place or they will have their licence revoked by the league.

    That would see them immediately thrown out of the professional game and the EFL maintain they cannot give any further time to the Bury.

    How have Bury got in this position and what do the EFL want?

    Bury have been fighting against financial problems for several years, and were taken over by businessman Steve Dale last December to save them from going bust.

    Dale bought the club for just £1 – but since then there have been a string of unpaid bills to companies while players and staff have also missed out on wages.

    Over the summer, the EFL sought assurances and proof that the Shakers were in a position to be able to play the entire 2019/2020 League One season.

    Despite repeated attempts, Dale has been unable to come close to showing the finances are in place as required.

    In an effort to give the club more time, the EFL have suspended their first five league matches of the season and also the Carabao Cup tie with Sheffield Wednesday.

    But they cannot continue the temporary measures for the fairness of the rest of the competition, and issued a deadline of August 23 for proof of funds or they will strip them of their licence in the EFL.

    That deadline will pass at 11.59pm today.

    Who is Steve Dale?

    Steve Dale is a businessman who took over control at Bury in December 2018, buying the club from former chairman Stewart Day for £1.

    A worrying 43 of the 51 companies Dale has been associated with have been liquidated.

    Dale promised to work closely with the community to ensure the club became financially viable after years of cash problems.

    The EFL have admitted they did not put him through the usual process of due diligence when he took control because the club's future was under threat at the time.

    Dale now wants to sell the club, and initially came up with an asking price of £2million. He has since dropped his demands to £810,000 for his "hard work".

    There are three interested groups looking to buy Bury, but Dale has so far failed to agree a deal with any of them.

    He is now thought to be willing to accept an initial payment of £560,000 to relinquish control, with Bury saddled with overall debts of £9million.

    If Bury are expelled, what does it mean for League One during the 2019/20 season?

    The EFL have decided Bury's record from the current season will be expunged – which current stands at five matches suspended.

    League One would be reduced to a 23 team division for the 2019/20 season, and will return to the usual number of 24 teams next year.

    Bury would then have to apply to the Football Association if they remain as a football club, for entry to a league lower down the football pyramid.

    What does it mean for League One relegation this year?

    In a normal season, four teams are relegated from League One down to League Two.

    For the 2019/20 season only, the EFL would reduce the number of relegation places to three.

    The number of promotion places up into the Championship remains unchanged.

    What does it mean for League Two promotion this year?

    In order to return League One to a 24 team division, the EFL need to find one extra side for next season.

    That will come in the shape of the club which finishes fourth from bottom of League One this season, rather than an extra side gaining promotion from the league below.

    That means the four promotion places from League Two remain unchanged.

    This would effectively leave League Two reducing in size to 23 clubs.

    How does it affect relegation from League Two and promotion from Conference?

    Bury's expulsion would leave the number of professional sides at 91 instead of 92, and that vacant place would effectively become available in League Two.

    To combat that, the EFL are still to officially decide how they will fill the space.

    The two options would be to reduce the number of sides relegated in the 2019/2020 season, or hand an extra promotion place to the Conference.

    While no decision has been made, it is thought that the EFL will decide to reduce the number of relegation places from League Two into the Conference to one, instead of two.

    That would leave the Conference promotion structure unchanged.

    What happens to Bury if they prove their finances before the deadline?

    If the EFL are satisfied the club is solvent, or if a takeover is completed, the club will retain its place in League One as usual.

    They will play out the season as planned, and would have to squeeze in the five postponed fixtures between now and the end of the campaign.

    Bury were already starting this season with a 12-point deduction for entering into a Company Voluntary Arrangement to avoid a winding-up order.

    They would also be facing further potential punishment for failing to fulfil their Carabao Cup fixture against Sheffield Wednesday, who were awarded the tie.

    The EFL would then have to decide if further breaches of regulations have taken place in the forcing of the suspension of their opening five matches.

    Source: Read Full Article

    GB sprinter Imani Lansiquot set for British Championships and World trials

    GB sprinter Imani Lansiquot is in great shape for the British Championships and ready for a nerve-jangling weekend with places at the Worlds up for grabs.

    The 21-year-old Sky Sports Scholar has overcome her injury niggles and cannot wait to compete in Birmingham’s Alexander Stadium knowing a top-two finish would secure her spot for October’s showpiece event in Qatar.

    “Considering I’m coming off the back of an injury it’s the most confident I’ve ever felt going into a trials,” said Lansiquot.

    “It’s my third national championships and I’m so excited. I’ve been back running for two weeks and I’ve seen it as a good opportunity to get back in the gym and I feel much stronger.

    “I’ve had a really good year despite the injury and I’m aiming to win of course but it will be tough. I believe I can do it and I need a top-two finish to qualify.

    “I’ve never made the podium at a British Championships so to even get an individual senior medal at a nationals would be an unbelievable achievement. Anything beyond that would be insane!”

    Lansiquot, also looking to make the sprint relay team for the World Championships in Doha, revealed her tactics for staying relaxed ahead of a big race.

    “I’ll get involved in my usual rituals,” she said. “I’ll stay in the same hotel, watch episodes of Friends and just be in my own bubble!

    “I’m anticipating a lot of nerves though. It’s my first race in a month and I’m not sure how it will go.

    “It’s all about keeping calm and having conversations with the right people. My nerves will soon go after the first round though.

    Source: Read Full Article