Harry and Meghan break silence in birthday call to King – but ‘long way to go’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly broke their silence with King Charles and rang him this week to wish him a happy birthday.
Charles turned 75 on Tuesday (November 14) and is understood to have found time in a packed day of engagements to take a call from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
It is thought to have been the first time the father and son have spoken since just before Charles' Coronation earlier this year.
READ MORE: King Charles 'preparing William to become next King' as monarch turns 75
For the latest news from the Daily Star, click here.
A source told The Sun: "The King was extremely busy but is polite and loves his son and his grandchildren, and not so mean that he would not take a call on his birthday."
The Sun also reports that Charles, Harry and Meghan made plans to speak together again soon. The source added: "There is still a long way to go to mend the rift created over many years — and the deeper issues caused by allegations in the Netflix series and Spare are not healed with a phone call."
Harry has not seen his father since the Coronation in May, despite visiting the UK on several occasions since then. Harry's camp are said to have made it clear that he would call this week. The story even appeared on the BBC website, which reported: "It is understood that he will be getting a birthday greeting by transatlantic phone call from his younger son,Prince Harry."
Charles insisted his birthday was to be a "normal working day". He and Queen Camilla spent the day launching the Coronation Food Project, which aims to end food waste and help people facing food poverty.
Join the Daily Star's WhatsApp for the sexiest headlines, showbiz gossip and lots more
The Daily Star is now on WhatsApp and we want you to join us!
Through the app, we'll send you the sassiest showbiz stories, some naught headline and a seismic smattering of aliens…along with the latest breaking news of course.
To join our community, all you have to do to join is click on this link, select 'Join Chat' and you're in!
No one will be able to see who has sign up and no one can send messages except for the Daily Star team. We also treat our community members to competitions, special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners.
If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. To leave our community click on the name at the top of your screen and choose Exit group. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Highlighting the need for the campaign in an article in Big Issue magazine, Charles said: "Food need is as real and urgent a problem as food waste." He added that "too many families and individuals [are] missing out on nutritious meals" due to "cost-of-living pressures".
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article